ARTFEST VENDOR GUIDELINES
It is our objective to maintain the Pan African Film Festival ArtFEST as an arts festival featuring fine art, quality craft and designer merchandise. PAFF will accept only fine art and photography, handmade unique crafts and jewelry and designer fashions and accessories. The ArtFEST is juried. We will not accept vendors who sell incense, perfume oils, “low-end” jewelry and mass-manufactured merchandise imported from Korea, China, etc. Our jury prefers one-of-a-kind, original pieces. T-shirts must be designer-crafted or hand-printed. Absolutely no mass-manufactured/printed T-shirts will be accepted. We will accept applications from galleries; however, a gallery may not exhibit and sell works by more than four artists. To make sure that each and every artist/vendor complies with these rules, no application will be accepted without accompanying photographs. You can provide your website if it includes a representative selection of your work. An artist or gallery whose merchandise is inconsistent with that described in the application and depicted in the photographs or website will be removed from the show. No refund will be given. There will be no exceptions.
Displays must look neat and professional. All items must be placed on a table, easel, grid or display stand. Designers should have professional display equipment such as racks, grids, and mannequins. Works cannot be propped up against railings, walls or planters. Tabletops and table legs must be covered with a black fire-retardant fabric. You must provide protection for the floor if you are demonstrating in your booth. Booth size will vary, based upon location and approved by the Venue Host and the Fire Marshal. All booths must be staffed at all times during business hours. Booths that are closed during business hours risk removal. There will be no refunds. You must provide your own assistants. Volunteers may be available for short-term (5-15 minutes) relief only. PAFF and Venue take no responsibility for loss, damage or theft.
Each booth comes with one table, one tablecloth and two (2) chairs. Grids and displays may not exceed 6 feet in height. There are no exceptions. Artists must provide their own display panels, grids, easels, etc.
There are limited electrical outlets and wattage. Not all spaces have access to electricity. If your display requires electricity please make sure to indicate such on your application and include the $45 hook-up fee with your application. You may use no more than five 200-watts of electricity at your booth. Because of fire hazard, absolutely no halogen lighting may be used. Violating exhibitors will be removed without refund. Artists must have their own heavy-duty grounded electrical cords with floor cover.
Exhibitors may be given specific locations for parking, loading and unloading. There will be an exhibitor’s orientation meeting at the Venue on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 from 8:00pm – 9:00pm. For artists with Options A & C, set-up will immediately follow the orientation meeting, beginning at 9:30pm and ending at 12:00am. For artists with Option B, set-up will be on Monday, April 25, 2022 from 8:00pm – 11:00pm and on Tuesday, April 26 between 6:00am – 9:00am. Absolutely no set-ups will be allowed during business hours. Dollies will not be provided.
Event press releases, announcements and promotions will be sent to the news media, galleries, art patrons, celebrities and the community. Artists whose completed application with payment has been received before January 31, 2022 will be included on the event website (www.paff.org) and on printed announcements and event schedules. Artists are encouraged to create and email personal announcements to your patrons.
Permits & Sales
Artists are in no way employees or agents of PAFF or Venue Host. Artists are responsible for obtaining their own business permits. A representative from the California Board of Equalization will be onsite during the ArtFEST to check permits and distribute appropriate forms and applications. Artists will transact all sales and retain all proceeds. It is the Artist’s responsibility to collect sales tax from all customers and to pay all applicable taxes.
Exhibitors will receive exact space assignment before set-up. Location of space assignments will depend upon the ArtFEST design and layout, fire department regulations, ArtFEST and Venue Host requirements. Artists who apply early may receive preferential spaces.
Shipping and Storage
Exhibitors requiring shipments must make arrangements independently. PAFF cannot provide storage space nor will PAFF receive shipped merchandise.
- Monday – Saturday: 10am – 9pm
Sunday: 11am – 7pm
Exhibitors must be present or have a representative present during all business hours. Exhibitor removal or relocation may result if PAFF personnel determine that your closed booth diminishes the overall appearance of the show.
Removal of Exhibitors
PAFF reserves the right to remove any exhibitor who displays inappropriate, threatening or disrespectful behavior, such as and without limitation, loud talking, cursing, fighting or intoxication. Any behavior or signage considered by PAFF or Venue Host to be disrespectful, inappropriate or harmful to PAFF and/or Venue Host, their staff or volunteers, venue merchants or shoppers will result in immediate expulsion from the show. NO warning need be given; no booth fees will be refunded.
Additionally, exhibitors can be removed before or during the event for reasons listed below, without limitation: (Removal will result in the forfeiture of the entire booth rental fee paid.)
- Artist exhibitor sells work that is not consistent with his/her approved items.
- Exhibitor’s space continues to encroach into another exhibitor(s) space(s) after fair warning.
- Exhibitor’s space is closed or unattended during event hours.
- Exhibitor’s work is inappropriate for family viewing or displays inappropriate signage.
- Exhibitor allows another exhibitor to replace him/her or sell in booth space without PAFF permission.
- Exhibitor burns incense or uses materials that cause an odor or fumes that are harmful or unpleasant to the public.
- Exhibitor sells incense, perfume oils, T-shirts and low-end mass-manufactured merchandise.
- Exhibitor sets up in space not assigned to him/her and refuses to move when asked.
- Exhibitor uses halogen lights or incandescent wattage in excess of 200 watts.
- Exhibitor’s set-up violates fire department, PAFF or Venue Host requirements.
- Exhibitor’s booth is not consistent with ArtFEST aesthetic and exhibitor refuses to come into compliance.
- Exhibitor’s activity harms or damages in any way the walls, floors or fixtures of the Venue Host. Note: Exhibitor will be held financially responsible for the cost of any repair, replacement and/or cleanup necessary as a result of their harmful activity.
- Exhibitor fails to follow ArtFEST guidelines and rules.
- Participants are required to follow the city, county and state COVID-19 mandates in place during the festival. In the event the mandates are not followed, exhibitors will be removed from the premises, with no refund of fees. In the event that COVID-19 requires that the ArtFEST be cancelled, fees will be refunded. In the event that COVID-19 requires that the ArtFEST be closed during the event, fees will be refunded on a pro-rated basis.
- Contact PAFF
Your completed, signed and dated application, $42.00 non-refundable application fee, applicable booth fee, and any additional rental fees with requested application materials and all other correspondence should be mailed to:
September 1 to October 15, 2021: Early Application Period. Applications and all booth fees must be submitted online or received in PAFF office no later than October 15, 2021.
October 16 to November 18, 2021: Regular Application Period. Application and booth fees must be received online or in PAFF office no later than November 18, 2021.
November 19, 2021: Late Registration. A $281 late fee will be applied. Applications reviewed and accepted depending on available space. Due to late application, artists may not be included in all PAFF promotional materials.
December 31, 2021: Final Late Registration. A $434 late fee will be applied to the application fee received after this date. Applications reviewed and accepted depending on available space. Due to late entrance, artist may not be included in all PAFF promotional materials and on PAFF website.
January 31, 2022: COVID Extended Late Registration. A $281 late fee will be applied.
April 20, 2022: Set Up Date for Options A and C
April 25, 2022: Set Up Date for Option B
May 1, 2022 @ 7pm: Show Ends.
The ArtFEST is sponsored in part by grants from The Los Angeles County Arts Commission and the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.