Pan African Film & Arts Festival (PAFF)
The Marketing team at PAFF is seeking a hard-working and creative Festival Graphic Designer to assist in the creation of visual assets for the 32nd Pan African Film & Arts Festival (February 9–17, 2024). The Festival Graphic Designer works closely with the Directors of Marketing and Communications to produce a wide array of media that advances the mission and brand of PAFF through creative, strategic, and top-notch design.
This is a part-time temporary role from September 2023 through March 2024. While the role is fully remote, candidates in Los Angeles are preferred. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis through September 15.
Top priorities include but are not limited to…
- Support the design and creation of all print and digital assets for the 32nd Pan African Film & Arts Festival.
- Create materials for Festival events, from digital invitations to printed mini-programs.
- Produce digital, print, and outdoor advertising, from full-page spreads in distributed publications to billboards and transit advertising.
- Create print and digital signage, from directional posters used in theater venues to on screen slideshows projected before screenings.
- Produce digital graphics and banners to be used on social media and in email communications.
- Create other print and digital collateral as needed, including pitch decks, brochures, flyers, and more.
- Implement consistent brand identity across a diverse array of materials.
- Manage multiple projects from concept to completion, adhering to strict deadlines.
You have the following direct or transferable skill sets:
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience.
- A working understanding of layout, type, and color.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (intermediate level or above).
- Able to both take instructions and initiative.
- Enthusiastic and passionate with an eye for detail.
- Superior file management skills (tracking and archiving).
- Hardworking and professional with a balanced temperament and good sense of humor.
- Organized and deadline-driven team-player capable of picking up and applying new skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to prioritize multiple deadlines.
- Excellent communications and presentation skills.
- Familiarity and passion for independent arts and the PAFF brand.
- Background in entertainment, media, cultural arts, or consumer goods preferred.
You will be successful in this role if you…
- Partner with your team and colleagues to create a collaborative, inspiring, positive culture.
- Lead the creative team to produce best-in-class creative content for both digital and non-digital applications.
- Deliver high quality, compelling creative content that drives brand awareness, brand loyalty and engages our audience year-round.
- Mentor and manage the creative team to provide clear expectations and positive culture.
- Deliver creative work that aligns with the Marketing and Communications strategies.
Pay rate: This is a contract position. The salary is negotiable.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter, resume/CV and a link to your online portfolio to [email protected]. We will not accept any applicants via U.S. Mail.
PAFF does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, medical condition, disability, age, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, or veteran status. This nondiscrimination policy covers all candidates, staff members, interns, and volunteers.