- In celebration of Black History Month, PAFF and IKEA have collaborated for the second year to create the ALL ARTISTS HAVE A SEAT AT THE TABLE exhibit.
- IKEA invited seven world-renowned Black artists to individually “REIMAGINE” a raw wooden IKEA dining set and transform it into individual custom artworks.
- Unveiling of the complete collection of art that will live on display during the festival through February 20, 2023.
- The opening of the PAFF ArtFest at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza, IKEA will include a panel discussion about art and livable furniture with the artists featured in their ALL ARTISTS HAVE A SEAT AT THE TABLE exhibition moderated by journalist LAUREN MCCAY. Discussion to be followed by a reception.
- The full exhibition will be on display for the public Feb. 10-20 during the PAFF ArtFest at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza.
- The goal was to establish, preserve and present “imaginative stories” –– and to keep the expressions of Black art vibrant and alive. The artists were asked to create a visual representation of the rich history and culture that has shaped the Pan African Film & Arts Festival for the last 30 years using IKEA’s IVAR chairs and their INGO table.
- The PAFF ArtFEST is sponsored in part by grants from The Los Angeles County Arts Commission and the Los Angeles Department of Cultural Affairs.
|WHO:||The Pan African Film & Arts Festival (PAFF)|
|WHAT:||Opening reception the IKEA x PAFF All Artists Have A Seat At the Table Collaboration|
|WHEN:||Friday, February 10, 2023|
|WHERE:||Baldwin Hills Crenshaw Plaza|
3650 MLK Jr. Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
At IKEA, the vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people by offering well-designed, functional and affordable, high-quality home furnishing, produced with care for people and the environment. Ingka Group (Ingka Holding B.V. and its controlled entities) is one of 12 different groups of companies that own and operate IKEA retail under franchise agreements with Inter IKEA Systems B.V. Ingka Group has three business areas: IKEA Retail, Ingka Investments, and Ingka Centres. Ingka Group is a strategic partner in the IKEA franchise system, operating 389 IKEA stores in 32 countries – including 52 retail locations in the U.S.
For more information on IKEA U.S., see IKEA-USA.com, @IKEAUSANews, @IKEAUSA or IKEAUSA on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.